Monday, September 18, 2006

Monologue Madness!!!

Parent monologue:

I never said life was easy, son, I never said that. You know what it feels like to see you come through that door every night, so damned miserable? It tears me apart. You never think, as a parent, that your son is going to have to do things he won't want to do. The thought never crosses your mind. But one day, while you're at work, somehow the world gets in and you come home to this man in a child's clothing. If you want to quit, then quit, I'll handle him. But if you're quiting because it's hard, I can tell you nothing else is going to be any easier. You've got to do some things you do want to do, you've got to, you've got to do them so you can have the things you want, like a beautiful child who cares so much for the world.

No comments: